Dear Members & Friends,
Over the weekend a series of reports were released regarding the drastic spike in COVID-19 cases in South Florida. In light of these reports, we have decided to amend our schedule for the month of August in order to ensure the safety of our members.
August 2 – 5
- Classes suspended for the entire week (Kendo & Iaido)
August 9 – 12
- All four classes will be open to kendo and iaido members.
- Specially designed curriculum will consist of drills for kendo and iaido members.
- Bogu will not be required.
August 16 – 19
- Pending COVID reports and statistics we will either return to a normal schedule or continue with the previous week’s agenda.
August 23 – 26
- We will remain optimistic and hope to return to our regular training program.
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you posted as more information becomes available. Our number one priority at this point is the safety of our members and their families.
Please take a moment to review the latest articles related to COVID-19 in South Florida.
- COVID-19 Roundup: Experts Urge Vaccinations, Mask Wearing to Slow Surge; Clarifying CDC’s Renewed Guidance; and More
- Florida sees record COVID-19 cases, hospitals postpone elective surgeries
- Miami-Dade and Broward lead U.S. in COVID hospitalizations
- ‘This is horrifying’: Broward and Dade lead nation in COVID hospitalizations
We appreciate your understanding in this matter, and we look forward to seeing all of you on Monday, August 9th.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.
Institute of Budo Studies