Dear Members & Friends,
I hope this message finds all of you in good health and staying positive during these difficult times.
Over the past month, I have been carefully considering what the next steps should be in safely returning to practice as the number of cases and deaths related to COVID-19 continues to rise in the state of Florida. I understand that, despite the current situation, there are several of you that are eager to recommence training at the dojo. With this in mind, I have consulted the senior members and come to the following conclusions.
Iaido Classes will resume next week on Tuesday, August 11, 2020 under a revised schedule.
- Tuesday: 8:30pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday: 8:30pm – 9:30pm
- Saturday: 1:30pm – 2:30pm
Iaido Class Protocol
- All Iaido classes will be conducted with windows and doors open.
- All Iaido classes are not to exceed 1 hour in duration.
- Extra fans have been brought in for additional ventilation.
- All members MUST wear a mask covering nose and mouth.
- All members MUST arrive dressed for class.
- All members MUST bring their own water bottle if they require hydration.
- All members MUST provide their own hand sanitizer.
- All members MUST abide by social distancing regulations.
- All members MUST be current students in good standing. (Please see details below on how to update your membership)
- All members MUST bring a signed waiver releasing the Institute of Budo Studies of liability in the event that a member contracts COVID-19. The waiver is required for all schools under the All United States Kendo Federation (Iaido falls under the category of Kendo). Please click the link below to download the waiver.
- Access to the bathroom and locker room will be restricted.
- Any member not in compliance with protocol will be asked to leave.
In addition to the resumption of Iaido classes, the following updates have been made.
- Due to the lack of use and cost of maintenance I have downsized our website by eliminating the online member portal and subscription services on our page.
- Membership can now be paid using the link found at the bottom of our page labeled “Pay Membership”. Members will be required to input the correct amount and checkout securely on the Square Payment Gateway. Members will also have the option of paying a single month or starting a subscription. I have also provided the link below for your convenience.
- Members & Friends that would still like to make a contribution to the dojo can do so by using the link found at the bottom of our page labeled “Make A Contribution” which also uses the secure Square Payment Gateway. I have also provided the link below for your convenience.
Due to the nature of kendo training we are unable to resume practice until conditions have improved. The hope is to recommence kendo classes within a couple of months or as soon as the number of COVID-19 cases and deaths begins to decline.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.
Institute of Budo Studies