Dear Members & Friends,
We are pleased to announce that we will reopening the dojo on June 1st for iaido practitioners only.
Iaido Class Schedule
- Tuesday: 8:00pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday: 8:00pm – 9:30pm
- Saturday: 1:00pm – 2:30pm
Due to regulations that prohibit the spread of COVID-19, we will be following the guidelines below in order to ensure the safety of our members:
- Limit of 6 members per class
- Social distancing rules apply.
- All members must wear a mask. Masks should be plain (examples below)
- All members will be responsible for their own hand sanitizer and cleanliness.
- All members must book via our website. (The booking system on our website will limit 6 per class)
- Members should arrive with ample time to prepare for class.
- There will be no socializing before or after class.
- Please refrain from taking showers at the dojo after class.
- Any member breaking these rules will be asked to leave.
Please keep in mind that in order to book a class on our website, you must have an active membership subscription. Once you sign into our website click on the “Book A Class” link found on the upper right side of our website. Classes will only appear for subscribed members.
If you are not a current member, please take a moment to review the details below.
Member Subscriptions and Site Access
We have created three types of membership levels – Regular, Associate and Affiliate.
- Regular Membership– For students that practice both kendo and iaido.
- Associate Membership– For students that practice one art.
- Affiliate Membership– For members that study remotely but still want access to private lessons and course materials.
All three membership levels are managed by our website and will auto renew on the 5th of every month. In addition to regular group classes, we will also be providing the following services:
- Access to a variety of instructional and documentary videos (the video tab will appear at the top of our website after you have selected a membership level).
- Access to downloadable literature (Historical and Instructional Books & Articles) (The documents can be found under the Download tab of the My Account page after you have selected a membership level).
- Access to exclusive budo related articles (coming soon!)
- Ability to book private class through our website.
These features are only available to members that have active membership subscriptions through our website.
During this pandemic, we understand that many have gone through financial hardship, therefore we have created the following discounts to assist members during these difficult times.
- Use coupon code COVID19MEMBERSHIP to receive a 50% discount on your membership for the next three months starting on May 5, 2020. Coupon expires May 31, 2020.
- Use coupon code COVID19CLASS to receive a 50% discount on your first 10 private classes. Coupon expires June 30, 2020.
- Use coupon code 2020PAID if you have already paid your membership for 2020 in advance. Auto payments will renew on January 5, 2021. Coupon expires May 31, 2020.
We will keep you updated as things progress. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Institute of Budo Studies